Saw this last year and was waiting for it's release and now BITWIG STUDIO Is now available!
BITWIG STUDIO is a new and innovative music creation, recording, and performance software that supports all three major computing platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Combining traditional arrangement sequencing with modern performance-oriented clip launching workflows, In fact, Verson 1 lays the groundwork for a truly incredible program in a later version.
The programmers are from Ableton so it looks a bit like Live and has a similar design but there's some big difference. BITWIG STUDIO offers a state-of-the-art audio engine under the hood, with full multi-processing support, a unified modulation system, 32/64-bit VST plugin bridging, and VST plugin crash protection.
BITWIG STUDIO comes with over 50 included devices. Conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs, envelope followers and step sequencers for modulating any other device). Extend this collection with your favorite VST effects and instruments, and use them side by side with BITWIG STUDIO internal devices.
Record and produce your music in a super-fast, intuitive workflow. Bitwig Studio's arranger is a perfect mix of editing power, ease of use and flexibility.
Arranger Clip Launcher
A non-linear environment that lets you trigger clips in real-time. Perfect for sketching your songs more spontaneously.
Mixer Clip Launcher
An alternative view of the clip launcher aligned with the mixer, optimized for live performance.
In addition to audio and instrument tracks, you can also work with hybrid tracks. They accept any kind of material, allowing you to bounce note clips to audio in place.
In addition to traditional track automation, automation can also be recorded and packaged inside clips, both on the clip launcher and the arranger.
Advanced Instrument Clips featuring clip- and track-based editing, event inspector with parameter histograms, assignable note expressions, and per-note micro-pitch control.
Audio clips can consist of multiple audio events and feature Bitwig's own time stretching and transient detection. Split and rearrange audio events automatically, based on transient detection, and utilize the same parameter histograms and clip/track-based editing as with instrument clips
Edit contents of multiple tracks together. You can see them all juxtaposed and isolate only the ones you want to edit.
Bounce and Slice
Bitwig Studio includes versatile audio rendering functions that let you directly bounce any selected clip or time selection in place or to a new track, as well as giving you the option to automatically slice audio material to be used in the drum machine or sampler.
World-Class Sound Devices
Instruments and effects based on their own modular system, offering amazing sound quality as well as advanced features like device nesting and layering.
Unified Modulation System
Use macro controls, note expressions, LFOs and envelope followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested devices and plug-ins.
32/64 Bit VST Support
Use your beloved VST plug-ins. In case of a plug-in crash, a protective mechanism prevents the application from crashing and you from losing your work.
Find your musical material quickly. Add tags and search by content type.
Open Multiple Documents
Exchange musical material between documents. Drag and drop, copy and paste back and forth.
Bitwig Studio offers flexible screensets to take full advantage of your monitor configuration.
Advanced Controller Support
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio and beyond
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection
- Proprietary time-stretching technology
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them
- Over 50 included devices, including conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ,
Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs and step sequencers for modulating any other device).
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins
- Advanced layered editing
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in the Detail Editor
- Dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance
- Support for various MIDI controllers out of the box
- Sound Content: Over one thousand presets and sounds, 3 GB of factory content:
Drum Machines (808, 909... Percussion), Acoustic Drums, multi-sampled instruments like Wurlitzer,
Rhodes, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic and Electric Bass, Sampled Drum and Instrument loops,
Various Sound FX, and additional partner content
- Open Controller API: Create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of BITWIG STUDIO
||Mac OS X 10.7 or later
||Windows 7 32/64-bit
Windows 8 32/64-bit
||64-bit Intel CPU
||Dual-core AMD or Intel CPU or faster with SSE3 support
||64-bit dual-core or better x86 CPU with SSE3 support
||Minimum 1280 x 768 pixel screen resolution.
||Minimum 2GB RAM.
||Minimum 2GB free disk space.
||Decent connection to download bundled content (not included with installer).