This product is delivered by download. We have an excellent relationship with IK Multimedia and should receive the license code to complete your order within 24 hours. However, if you're ordering after 6:00PM PT weekdays or on weekends, we'll process your order the next business day.
Plug into the Experience
Now you can use the world’s greatest guitarist’s gear… Every time you play
When you think of the modern electric guitar, no doubt certain images pop into your head. However, perhaps none are more ubiquitous than the legendary Jimi Hendrix. Believe it or not, November 27, 2012 was the 70th anniversary of Jimi's birth, and Ik Multimedia is commemorating it with this new collection, which features stunningly authentic models of vintage Hendrix gear.
Sonic Alchemy – the Hendrix Formula
His sound was a unique mix of high volume overdriven tube amps, feedback control and an exclusive use of stompbox guitar effects, which was a breakthrough for that era. Hendrix was one of the first guitarists to really experiment with the sonic expressiveness of electronic effects, which were a fundamental part of his sound. Electronic effects were a technological novelty in the '60s, and in many respects, Hendrix was a pioneer in using them to craft unusual guitar tones. Now, you can play through the same gear…
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection is the newly expanded officially licensed collection of gear used by Hendrix in the studio and on tour. You’ll be able to plug into the same stuff Jimi used to create the sounds that to this day are still regarded as THE voice of the electric guitar — the sound that will bring you back to the Woodstock era, while still sounding incredibly fresh and contemporary.
The AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection gives you 7 amps, 7 cabinets, 5 microphones, 11 stomps and 4 rack effects, for a grand total of 34 pieces of vintage Hendrix gear!
New additions include SilverTwelve (model based on the Silvertone® Twin Twelve 1484™), offering gritty distortion and massive clean tone; JH Gold (model based on a Marshall® JTM 45™), Jimi’s fave Marshall from 1968 on, modeled with our IK’s DSM™ and SCC™ modeling technologies; JH 1200 (model based on the Sunn® 1200S™), a high-powered tube bass head used by guitarists and bassists; and EP Tape Echo (model based on the Maestro® Echoplex®), which gives you the sound of the most famous echo unit of all time.
You can use the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection as a standalone app complete with a 4-track recorder and speed control, or as a tone powerhouse plug-in for your favorite DAW.
Get the Complete Set-Up or One Piece of Gear at a Time
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection features the same control and function as our flagship AmpliTube software, and you can also add Hendrix gear through the AmpliTube Custom Shop feature that’s built into every AmpliTube product. So, you can purchase the “whole enchilada,” or just one spectacular piece of gear at a time — it’s your choice.
- The first authentic software recreation of the complete guitar amp and effects rig of Jimi Hendrix
- A legendary sound that has marked the evolution of modern rock guitar and has influenced some of the greatest guitarists of our time. Includes models of extremely rare and collectible vintage stomp boxes, amp heads and cabinets.
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies offer the most realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 5 separate modules
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads + 2 Cabs + 2 x double mics and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Massive database of presets with multiple guitar and bass oriented tags and keywords, advanced search function, rig visualization and more plus free online sharing service for user presets called “Preset XChange”
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers such as iRig HD, iRig Pro DUO, iRig Pro and iRig 2 allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 2-track built-in multitrack recorder with DAW-like features enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a small band in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
Step into an icon’s shoes and play through his gear…
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection is all about the gear. And what a collection of gear it is. You’ll get gems from Jimi’s personal arsenal of effects, like the Dallas Arbiter® “Fuzz Face” or the original Vox® Wah V846 — tools he used to create the sounds that defined the electric guitar.
The collection includes 5 separate modules: tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, Cabinet + Mic, and Rack Effects
11 Stomp Effects
- Class Fuzz - Based on Roger Mayer™ Classic Fuzz®
- EP Tape Echo - Based on Maestro® Echoplex™
- Fuzz Age - Based on Arbiter® Fuzz Face®
- Fuzz Age 2 - Based on Arbiter® Fuzz Face®
- FuzzOne - Based on Maestro® FuzzTone
- Octa-V - Based on Roger Mayer™ Octavia
- Opto Tremolo - Based on Fender® Opto-Tremolo
- Right Fuzz - Based on Mosrite™ Fuzzrite®
- Uni-V - Based on Univox™ Uni-Vibe™
- Wah 46 - Based on Vox® Wah V846
- XS Fuzz - Based on Roger Mayer™ Axis Fuzz
7 Amplifier Heads
- JH Gold - Based on Marshall® JTM 45™
- JH 1200 - Based on Based on Sunn® 1200S™
- Silver Twelve - Based on Silvertone® Twin Twelve 1484™
- British Lead S100 - Based on Marshall® 1959 JTM100™ Super Lead
- American Vintage B - Based on Fender® Bassman®
- American Vintage D - Based on Fender® Dual-Showman®
- American Vintage T - Based on Fender® Twin Reverb®
7 Cabinet Models
- 2x12 Open SL- Based on Silvertone® 2x12”
- 2x12 Open T J120 - Based on Fender® Twin 2x12” equipped with J.B. Lansing® D120F
- 2x15 Closed B J130 - Based on Fender® Bassman
- 2x15 Closed D J130 - Based on Fender® Dual Showman® 2x15” equipped with J.B.Lansing® D130F
- 4x12 Closed 25 C - Based on Marshall® 4x12” equipped with 25W Celestion™
- 4x12 Closed 75 C - Based on Marshall® 4x12” equipped with 75W Celestion™
- 4x12 Closed J120 - Based on Marshall® 4x12” equipped with J.B.Lansing® D120F
5 Microphone Models
- Condenser 12 - Based on AKG® C12
- Condenser 67 - Based on Neumann® U67
- Condenser 87 - Based on Neumann® U87
- Dynamic 57 - Based on Shure® SM57™
- >Ribbon 160 - Based on Beyerdynamic® M160
4 Rack Effects
- Digital Reverb
- Parametric EQ
- Rotary Speaker
- Tube Compressor
Discography: the Hendrix Presets
Included in the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ package are tone presets for Jimi’s discography, covering the sound settings for virtually every part of every song from his studio recordings. Go ahead, play with them. Experiment. Mix ‘em up. They’re a great springboard — it’s what we as guitar players do. Now, you can truly get that “Hendrix” tone, and more.
How it Works
Chances are, you already know how it works. They designed AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection to be so familiar and intuitive in its operation that you don’t really need a manual or an engineering degree to operate it (we do, however provide a manual, just not an engineering degree). But just in case…
To use AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection, you have to connect your guitar to your computer. You do this with what’s called an “audio interface” (they make some really good ones, click here to check them out). Once connected AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection gives you the exact signal chain you’d use live and/or in studio: tuner —> pedalboards —> amp heads —> speaker cabs —> mics with room effects —> rack effects. Plus, you can configure two complete rigs and run in stereo.
There are also 8 different series/parallel “routing” options available that give you total signal chain control, allowing you to configure tones for every possible playing scenario. You can select different configurations on the fly as you see fit: dual pedal boards running into a single amp head split to two cabs with different mic sets for each running into a single rack with a compressor and graphic eq, just as an example. The combinations are endless.
Speaker, Mic and Room Control
What you’ll be amazed by is the speaker section… it features an incredibly detailed cabinet, microphone and room module that lets you virtually recreate your favorite recording space. You can mic your cabinet with two mics and freely place the mics around the speaker to find the “sweet” spot. You can also control the mix between mic 1 and mic 2, and change the overall “depth” of the cabinet itself. Then, you can control the room reflection and ambience utilizing the room mic positioning tool. All of mic placement options are freely movable (just click and drag), so making adjustments to the “recording space” vibe is a breeze.
Presets – the Jimi Anthology
The preset section of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection features preset sound settings for the entire selection of studio recordings, divided by song and then by song parts. You can use these as a starting point, then modify the settings to your liking.
You can save presets for a single piece of gear, or for a complete signal chain. Presets can be organized and stored in up to 4,000 patch locations, in banks of A-B-C-D patches, that make AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection ideal for using it live with MIDI floor controller pedalboards.
Universal MIDI control
You can control AmpliTube live using IK dedicated guitar and bass interface and controllers such as iRig BlueBoard with direct programming of the controller using the AmpliTube graphical interface, or you can quickly configure it to be used with any traditional MIDI controller by associating patches to MIDI program changes and knobs, switches, pedals to MIDI continuous controllers using the built-in “MIDI Learn” function. No matter what your playing situation, AmpliTube offers you hyper-control over your tone!
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection can work as a 64-bit plug-in for the most popular DAW (such as Pro Tools, Logic, GarageBand, Cubase, Live, Reaper) or can be used in standalone mode in Mac OS X and Windows. The plug-in and standalone versions offer the same function and sound, but the standalone version also offers a built-in 4-track recorder with a “slow-downer” speed control so you can learn complicated licks, or capture your ideas at the moment of inspiration. Both the standalone and plug-in versions are included when you install AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection.
Plugging in to a world of sound
With IK Multimedia's range of interfaces for mobile devices and Mac and PC, getting tone from AmpliTube is as simple as plugging into an amplifier. Check out the iRig 2, iRig HD 2, iRig Pro, iRig Pro Duo or iRig Stomp — our latest generation of interfaces that give you pristine, pure sound quality for your Mac or PC, iPhone or iPad and iRig BlueBoard to control AmpliTube.
How They Did It
Are You Experienced? They Are
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection is a collaborative effort between Authentic Hendrix, LLC. and IK Multimedia. Authentic Hendrix was founded in late '90s, by Al Hendrix and his daughter Janie to curate and promote Jimi’s extensive recorded legacy. Jimi Hendrix was fundamental in the development of modern guitar amplification and guitar effects and heavily influenced the evolution of modern electric guitar sound. In only the four years between 1966, when he started his rehearsal sessions with the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and 1970, when he died in London on September 18 at the age of 27, he was “instrumental” in changing the way music was made and electric guitar was played, leaving a permanent mark on the generations of guitarists and musicians that followed. He is constantly named by guitar and music magazines as the number one guitarist of all time.
How Were They Able to Do It?
Ik Multimedia has been at it for over 16 years… some even say they’re pioneers in the modeling world. And their extensive research and experience has allowed them to work with some of the most influential companies and individuals in the music world today. They are one of the only companies in the industry who have been successful partnering with some of the world’s top manufacturers of gear, bringing their creations into the realm of digital tone creation and recording. It’s a very humbling and honorable experience, and one they wouldn’t trade with anyone.
Go ahead, enjoy the Experience.
AmpliTube is a 64-bit Plug-in and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 2GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.