The legendary Shure SM57 is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording.
The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
Outstanding performance, reliability, and application diversity make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
- Frequency Response
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Polar Pattern
- Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa* (1.6 mV) *(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Rated impedance is 150 ohms (310 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Cable NOT INCLUDED.
- Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Net Weight