The legendary Shure SM58™ vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard for singing or speech. A highly effective, built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
The SM58 is the first choice of performers around the world. A smooth bump between 2kHz and 7kHz and a crisp peak around 9.5kHz give this classic cardioid dynamic the characteristics sought after by backing and lead vocalists. Cable not included
Rugged construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
- Frequency Response
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Polar Pattern
- Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz Open Circuit Voltage)
- -54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Rated impedance is 150 ohms (300 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Cable NOT INCLUDED.
- Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver, spherical steel mesh grille
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Net Weight